Friday, August 10, 2012

Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups

So I tried my hand at homemade fruit roll-ups the other day as a special treat for Aaden. I still had some pureed blackberries in the freezer from when A was eating baby food, and had been looking for a way to use them.

This recipe was perfect!!!


Just put the pureed blackberry cubes onto the stove and heated to a runny consistency and then added a banana for sweetness. I just stirred until the  banana and blackberries were incorporated.

Cooking took about 5 hours at my lowest oven setting, but mm mmm good!


After putting the mixture onto cookie sheets


About 3 hours into baking!


After 5 hours total time, and rolling the goodness up ... SUCCESS!!!!!


What is this?


Oh, you unroll it???
hmmm....


It's kind of sticky!

:)


OHHH, in my mouth finally!!!!
YUM YUM YUMMY!


Baby #2 likes them as well!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment