Monday, November 7, 2011

Ouch!!

This weekend has been an incredible test. So many things happened, and God's provision could be seen looking back for sure, but at the time it just seemed like a whole lot of STUFF all at once.

For those who don't know my Mom decided it was time to put my Grandma into a nursery home a few weeks back, and Saturday was the day. While it was the hardest decision, we are all aware it was "time." She was as strong as she could be, but it was clear ... she did not want to be left behind. And leaving her broke my heart. In two. I absolutely hated it.

But to make matters worse ... Aaden also had his first visit to the ER. A long story that I don't want to get into, but needless to say it was terribly awful. :(


cuddling my sweet boy ... he was very tired!!


Thankfully the doctor cleared him, {as we thought she would} and we went home. I feel stronger having had our first OUCHIE, but I also know I am not now nor do I think I will ever be ready for ER visits. My heart felt like it was out of my body. 

I had my first moments of "Please, take it from him and give it to me"


SO between leaving Grandma at the nursing home, and taking Aaden to the ER Saturday was the most challenging, and emotionally exhausting day I have experienced in a very long time.

Here is praying A stays away from hospitals for a VERY LONG TIME, and that Grandma finds some sweet friends to help her occupy her time.

No comments:

Post a Comment