Saturday, February 5, 2011

An Unexpected Adventure

I noticed yesterday some strange symptoms were beginning to take over my body. I was slurring my words, drooling, and become short of breath super easily. At first I didn't think anything of it, but it became harder and harder to breath. SO, I called my OB and she said, Go to the ER!!!

I was not excited about it, but off mom and I went. We ended up going to Memorial, and when we first walked in the door I thought we were going to be there for hours! It was jam packed with people. Luckily because of Baby W we were considered high priority, and they took us to a registry and triage area separated from the main waiting room.

Then they took blood directly from my heart through my pulse vein {It HURT}, made me pee in a cup, took more blood, and put an IV in me.

After a lot of waiting, they gave me 100mg of benadryl, 50 mg in the form a shot straight through my iv and 50mg in tablet form. I was so super thankful it was a pill and not a liquid!

I felt the immediate release and golly did it make a huge difference!


Talk about a frustrating day. I was finally beginning to feel better, and then this silly reaction. Golly Golly. I will be 12 weeks Monday, and I am praying every single night I'm feeling more normal soon.

The day ended with a major fight with the insurance company regarding pills, but thankfully we won, and I am doing fine today. I was able to enjoy some of HUBS surprise breakfast!



Now we are heading over to my parents to make oreo footballs for tomorrows big PACKERS VICTORY!



Have a blessed day everyone and thanks for all the prayers,

2 comments:

  1. thats no fun Chrissy! hope you are feeling better today and can enjoy this pregnancy! take no meds if at all possible try to get healthy!! for that baby! poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom/Grandma HolschenFebruary 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM

    I am glad that you and baby are doing well. Ilove you both!!

    ReplyDelete