Wednesday, April 6, 2011

IT'S A ...

Yesterday was one of the most special, amazing days of our lives!!!
David and I spent the day enjoying each other, enjoying time with family, and enjoying all God has done in our lives in the past 2 1/2 years.

The day started off with my favorite breakfast and some computer time ...


A Mango Smoothie and Cinnamon Crunch Bagel with Hazelnut Cream Cheese
Delicious!!!


I spent the majority of the day trying to keep busy. 
I was looking at the clock nonstop anxiously awaiting our 2:30 appointment. 



On our way to find out what our sweet Baby is ... pink or blue?
David was convinced blue
&
I was convinced pink!

We have been very impressed throughout the last 5 months with how quick our doctors appointments go! We never have to wait long in the waiting room, and we are usually in and out in a blink.

Of course yesterday was different! We had to wait a whole 15 minutes {yes I realize this is minimal} past our appointment time. It felt like we were never going to get back into the ultra sound machine. :)


Watching our sweet little one on the screen was amazing. Baby was wiggling and moving and on occasion I could feel the movement in conjunction with watching the movement on the screen. Truly unbelievable!!!!

We saw the spine, nose, lips, heart beat, liver, stomach, kidneys, it was truly truly unbelievable! Our sweet little one is growing healthy, and has all the parts the ultrasound tech was looking for.


Baby W is officially Aaden James Watson!!!!



That's right, Baby W IS A BOY!!!!! and his name is Aaden. Daddy was right, and he is already planning his future career as the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers!!!! :)

Not only is baby a boy, but, he is also A BIG BOY. He is currently in the 90th percentile, and there is some concern because I am small, but we are putting it in Gods hands. We have a second-opinion appointment in 2 months just to double-check his weight and then decide what happens from there.


On the way home we had to celebrate!!!! I wanted a frozen coke {shhh!} but apparently Phillips66 is Missouri don't have them!?!?



So a Coke Zero and Gus' Pretzels helped us RING IN the occasion!
A BOY ... holy cow, A BOY!!!!!!


Then on the way home David and I talked all about plans and excitements, and a little bit about how I had some getting use to the idea. I'm happy for a boy, but I don't know much about boys, and well they make me nervous!!! ;) I'll learn though ... hehe.

So for telling our family we had a few fun surprises!

Hubs and I were making dinner ...


steaks with sauteed onions and mushrooms


baked olive oil asparagus


yummy salted baked potatoes


Silly me, I forgot to get actual photos while we were eating. I was too nervous and excited!!! 

To tell them the news we had cupcakes made

6 with blue filling
and 
6 with pink filling




showing off the 2 boxes with the goodies :)

after dinner we let Grandma and Grandpa Holschen and Grandma Watson {Grandpa Watson was on the phone listening because he is currently away on business} open up the cupcakes for the results. OH WHAT FUN!!!!!



on the outside there was NO HINTS but ...


on the inside ... BLUE FILLING!!!




What a journey the last few months have been! I cannot wait to see what else is in store!!! 

Aaden, Mommy and Daddy love you oh so much aready!!!!


Now, lets all hope and pray for an easy and fast summer so we can snuggle him sooner rather then later!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just love these little notes. They make me smile and laugh and cry. They also make me remember the way I felt when I was having you...scared,happy,frieghtened,in awe,worried about what kind of mother I would be. All the usual stuff. But with the help of a great husband and a wonderful God I muddled through. Christina you will be an awesome mother Aaden is one lucky baby.

    I love you all

    ReplyDelete