Wednesday, January 19, 2011

171 Beats Per Minute

Yesterday was one of the most amazing days of my life!!!

I had a whirlwind of emotions & simply am astounded by how God continues to bless us. There really are few words that can express how it feels to watch a life growing inside you on a screen. It is humbling, scary, exciting, beautiful, terrifying, and amazing all in one breath!!!!!


David and I had our very first ultra-sound yesterday with a new doctor we had never met. There were a few bumps in the road, like showing up to St. Anthony's hospital when we thought we were going to St. John's, {LOL ... long story!} but overall God answered all our prayers.

Doctor Campbell was beyond our expectations. Kind, funny, sweet, and very very very likable. She spent all the time with us we needed, and never made me feel uncomfortable or like our questions were silly. I truly look forward to getting to know her further as time progresses. WHAT AN ANSWER TO PRAYER!!!


the sweet little card they gave us ...



Baby W!!!!!


You can see the brain well in this picture, and as you can imagine Daddy is proud!!!! :)


arms and legs oh my goodness!!!!


Mommy and Daddy love you so much already!!!!!


Some of you may know that our families have been really giving us a hard time about David and I having twins or triplets. Well, we are VERY excited & thankful to say ... only one baby! :)


Watching this life we created on the screen was amazing. This whole having a baby thing became very real very fast, LOL. I can't put into words the love I have already.  David and I were both in awe. Just crying and smiling and praising our God above. Baby W is healthy with a strong heart beat at 171 beats per minute and is about 3 inches long. I was predicting we were 9 weeks, but baby is measuring 10 weeks.

Dr. Campbell is going to for now keep our due date at August 22, but at our next ultra sound could decide to bump us up to the 16th if baby is still ahead of schedule. How exciting. {I would be lying if I didn't think oh my goodness perhaps all-day sickness will be over even sooner praise you God!!!!!} :)







a fun video we shot after the appointment at McDonalds for french fries!!!







My 9 week Picture
{yep, nothing much to look at, where is this baby hiding???? ;)}


STATS
________

How far along? 9 weeks 

Cravings: French Fries & Cinnamon Crunch Bagels with Hazelnut Cream Cheese from Bread Company. :) {but not at the same time ... }
Biggest Moment: Getting to see Baby W for the first time, and hearing the heartbeat!!!
Movements: None yet. My stomach sometimes feels like it is pulling or stretching...
What I'm looking forward to: SHOPPING!!!!!! Mom & I are going to learn how to make cloth diapers and I of course need fabric to make them adorable! ;)
Baby's Milestones: All of sweet baby w's vital organs have formed, and are beginning to function. He or she is growing tiny nails on the fingers and toes and also teeth are developing {and hopefully straight to save mommy & daddy on braces later ;)}.


*** I stole the idea of keeping stats from a dear friend who is 36 weeks preggo and adorable. Her blog is divine, and I love how simple these stats making checking up on her. I hope you all find them as user friendly as I do, but mostly, thank you Danielle for the inspiration. :) ***



1 comment: