Thursday, June 23, 2011

Aaden's Furniture!

I have been anxiously waiting for Aaden's furniture to arrive, and well it has been an adventure to say the least!

First I fell in love with a set that was on sale and perfect. When we went to buy it was no longer available. After several days of calling, we learned the stores didn't know if the manufacturer planned to make anymore, and it they would be getting any more shippings.

So, I did my best to let it go. However, after weeks of looking elsewhere and not finding anything in our budget & adorable I checked back with the original pieces, and turns out they were back in stock and still on sale.

PARTY!!!!!!! ;)

So, we purchased right away all to realize it was still backordered until June 7th. Pooh. I didn't want to wait, but the deal was just to perfect to pass up.

So, Grandma and Grandpa Holschen generously bought the furniture for us and I went about counting down the days until we would get the pieces.

Finally around the 13th of June we were able to go pick it all up!!!!


I can't tell you how excited I was.
My parents were going to get it, and then bring it all to our house.


Well, when they arrived at the store Dad learned the pieces were too large to fit into his mini-van. He called my Aunt Donna and her and my Aunt Karen came up to save the day.

What we thought would be an easy open and close case was a whole lot more interesting!!!!!



Aunt Donna trying to figure out how to get the changing table out of its packaging


SMILE!!!!!


Pull! :)


Sometimes it takes 2 ... and it still doesn't budge. ;)


I think even Aaden's animals were laughing at us all!


Out! SUCESS!

oh wait, just kidding, it is damaged!
The whole backend is busted, and the drawers had missing elements.

I was soooooooooooo bummed. Can't even tell you!


Dresser was in perfect shape though!


What a bunch of troopers! Dealing with the mosquitos just to get the crib pieces inside. 
I love them!!!!!!


So, the crib is up, the dresser is up, the hutch is assembled and sitting on a broken changing table AND I'm still waiting for the replacement.

Yep, I'm almost 32 weeks preggo.

Nope, I'm not biting at the bit to get this moving ...



LOL


Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Holschen, Aunt Donna, and Aunt Karen for all your hard work!
I appreciate you all doing such heavy lifting and loving David, myself, and Aaden enough to drop everything and come help even late into the night.

THANK YOU!
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment